Monday, July 6, 2009

Before Bailey

Before Bailey:
A 1/2 gallon of milk would always go bad
There was no one to drink it
It really was sad!
I never bought spray and wash!
What was the need?
Now we go through a bottle per week!

I slept when I wanted
We went where we pleased
But I would have given anything to buy baby food peas.
I had no idea
what new songs I'd learn
A mommy sings ALL day long

My life was great ,
but missing something
Then came the girl, with 2 tiny feet.

Dear Bailey,
You are growing up WAY too fast!
Today, as you turn 18 months old, I want you to know how much daddy and I love you!
We wanted you for a LONG time and are thankful EVERY day that we have you.
God gave us a WONDERFUL gift and we couldn't be happier!
Happy 1/2 birthday baby girl!
Love,
Mommy

We decided to get her a little cake to celebrate her 1/2 birthday. I know it's kind of silly but 18 months is a big deal to me! I'm so thankful to have her! She really means the world to us!


2 comments:

Ashley said...

Hey Mel!! I've been missing your posts. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BAILEY! That's so exciting. I really like the idea;) She also looked really cute eating that cake!!

Just Another Mother said...

What a sweet letter to your daughter! She's lucky to have such a thoughtful mom. And that cake looks mighty tasty. . .