Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Bump

When I was pregnant with Bailey I NEVER took pictures of my belly (on purpose) unless it was a baby shower or someone was taking pictures at an event and I just happened to be in one.  This is not actually 100% true.  I did let Zach take THREE pictures of my growing belly in the same spot 3 months in a row but those pictures are SACRED, hidden, not shown to people.  I had clothes on and everything I just hated the way they looked.  But, this time is a little different.  I know I started out weighing more this time but this time I am just SO thankful that this baby is ok and I realize that people who know me IRL (that means in real life, mom) :)  already know what I look like anyway so I might as well show it off.  So, without further ado, here it is in all it's glory!  The (almost) 14 week belly.

I'm laughing at myself a little b/c I have been SO stressed that the baby is ok and I know when my sister sees this picture she's going to say: "WHY? No baby that's not growing is gonna make you look that pregnant!"  I can hear her voice in my head!  "Melody, you are crazy!"  HAHA!  Also, the husband claims that I only look this big b/c I always wear maternity clothes. Well, that's not true b/c this is just a regular tee shirt that I bought last spring.  I'm proud of my little baby belly.  Even though it's not very little!

4 comments:

The Anglin Family said...

Aww its cute melody! You should always take pics..I have so few from laiken and camden that I regret it! I'm stressing seriously about my weight. So much that I cried at the Dr and she is sending me to a nutritionist. I feel sooo ugly right now..but I am very thankful baby is fine. I think its hormones making me emotional, LOL.
You look great. Oh, and I've only "gave in" once since I found out. I feel bad...LOL.

Jessica said...

You look great! : ) Show that bump off!

Penny1215 said...

I love baby bumps!! Mine always popped out really early too!!

Anonymous said...

Its J.M mommy, I was up late looking at blogs & saw this. I'm so happy for you. I know you have wanted a baby for such along time now. Try to relex & just enjoy it. Your baby is such a wonderful gift this time will pass so very fast that you won't even remember it. Pictures will help you to remember. This may be your last baby so soak it all up & enjoy it. Having a baby is a wonderful expernice, don't get me wrong of course it takes allot of work all 24 hrs of a day & once a parent always a parent but children do grow up & make lives for themselves so enjoy this time you are in :)