Wednesday, August 25, 2010

What do you dream about?

I have always had a tendancy to have odd, strange dreams. But, I think this one is about the strangest. I have several friends who have or will undergo IVF. I have not had IVF, however. Anyway, of all of my friends who have, only one has not gotten pregnant and the ones who have ALL have beautiful babies! (Mostly girls). Anyway, last night, I had a dream that one of my IVF friends, had her baby. But... it was not a baby, it was a turtle. Literally, a real turtle! NOT a human! She was SO thrilled to have finally had her baby that it was if she didn't even realize it was a turtle and not a human. I was completely freaked out! I kept thinking, how can she love that "baby" so much? It's not even a baby! I thought, it's a freaking turtle, let the hospital keep it as a pet. I thought she was absolutely crazy for even caring at all about the turtle.

I think I have too much baby on the brain and I hope I never birth a turtle, though I don't think that will EVER be possible!

However, even though no human will ever have an animal baby, when I woke up I had this overwhelming feeling that even if something would have been wrong with my baby, I still would have loved her no matter what. I know this is crazy, strange, weird, but I really felt like God was trying to show me something. That when he looks at us, he only sees the good, he only wants to help us and protect us NO MATTER WHAT WE LOOK LIKE! No matter how we act, he will ALWAYS love us unconditionally! As weird as my dream was, I really feel like it was a tool to teach me something. God loves all of his babies, even the "turtles."

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I had a dream once that I gave birth to a kitten...but is was baby sized...very odd...


I have been know to dream all sorts of crazy things like last night I had a dream that I was trying to get a flight to Tampa and I had not credit card so I was scrounging through all my old wallets and was finding a few $ here and there...so odd...