Tuesday, February 17, 2009

ISHY EWW EWW

I woke up next to a puddle of pee pee this morning! My poor baby girl apparently needed a diaper change in the middle of the night (but how was I to know?). She went to bed about 7:45 and at 12 Zach got up and tripped over her trash can (which I put in the hallway b/c it had a dirty diaper in it and we can't find a piece to the diaper genie). The trash can woke her up and Zach put her in our bed. When she finally went back to sleep at ONE THIRTY, I was so tired! This morning, my alarm went off at 6 and as I reached over to cover her up, I thought, OH GOSH, the dog threw up in the bed. But no, it was Bailey, she was SOAKED! I was sitting there in my "I'm not fully awake yet" mode thinking "what should I do?" I finally decided it would be horrible and inhumane to leave her like that so I picked up my sleeping baby and carried her off to her room to change her diaper. She was NOT happy that I was bothering her. I got the diaper off, it was SO wet it was dripping, SICK (and Jessica, this is SICK gross, not sick awesome, haha). I didn't want to move her around too much because I didn't want her to be so awake that she wouldn't go back to sleep. I still had to take a shower and get ready for work. I decided to change the diaper and then wrap her in blankets, rock her back to sleep, and put her in her bed. This is how she was when I left for work. I called Zachs mom to tell her why Bailey was naked and she said she would bathe her when she woke up! THANK YOU! So, that is how my morning started!

3 comments:

Just Another Mother said...

Oh! That is the real side of having children. I can only hope my mothering instincts will kick in when needed. I have a hard enough time cleaning up after my dog.

Kami said...

You're starting to sound like me!!! LOL Lord have mercy. Waking up to dog pee or baby pee is really unpleasant!! LOL

Kami

Just Another Mother said...

Oh Melody, I was not offended by your comment on my blog. It takes more than a little stomach hair conversation to bother me! :) You have always been a great source of support.