Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What a strange, strange 7 months!

Last night I told Zach of 2 things I am thankful for (not the only 2 things of course).  1. I am thankful that I was able to experience a completely blissful pregnancy with Bailey. 2. I am thankful that even though I am 90% miserable most of the time, I am thankful to be given the gift of another pregnancy and Baby Adilyn.

My pregnancy with Bailey was so easy it was borning (I'm extremely thankful for that after going through this one).  The most scary thing that happened was I stepped on a staple that had fallen out of the house from our Christmas lights, and I had to get a tetanus shot.  No big deal.

This past 7 months has been a WHIRLWIND of experiences.
1st, around the time I should have started my period (actually the day I should have started) I did.  Or, I thought I did.  I was in Oklahoma City at a teacher training and I started bleeding.  So, of course, I assumed I was not pregnant.  But it was different.  It would start for a couple hours and then slowly fade to nothing.  This went on for a week!  When I got home from teh 2 day workshop, Zach just had this weird feeling I was pregnant and had me take a test (even though I told him I had started bleeding).  The test was positive but it honestly looked weird.  It was a dollar tree test and the line was diagonal (not straight) and it looked like it had just bled over from the test line.  So, I disregarded it.  A week later, on June 28th, I took another test.  It was positive too.  This time, though, it was a normal looking positive and I still disregarded it.  (What was I thinking)?  So, I ran to wal-mart and bought 3 more tests... the good kind.  Within 10 seconds I had a dark pink line.  I was shocked.  I stood in the bathroom and cried for a minute.  Then, I took the test out to the living room and showed it to Zach.  He was completely calm and acted like he never doubted it.

Then, the scary stuff started.  I knew it wasn't normal for me to be bleeding on and off.  But, I wasn't too worried b/c I kept taking tests and they were positive.  But the morning after I finally believed I was really pregnant I called the doctor and went in for blood work.  That's when I found out my progesterone was low... way low... miscarriage low.  I immediately started progesterone pills (which are not cheap by the way).  And a week later, we went in for an ultrasound where we saw an empty sac.  I was DEVASTATED.  More blood work and a phone call later, the doctor said my pregnancy wasn't viable and I needed to have a D &C.  She said "You can just try again."  REALLY!  Try again!  Do you know how long it took me to get pregnant?  So, I cried, I went to bed and cried and prayed.  An hour later I knew things were ok.  I just felt like God said, "I gave you this baby, he/she will be fine!"  That same weekend we were in Arkansas visiting my parents and Zach had to take me to the ER for an ear infection.  They also did an ultrasound and told me that my baby had a heartbeat!  I was beyond thrilled.  But, all of those scary things really affected us in a negative way.  We have worried about this baby ever since then! 

Yesterday, I spent the day in Labor/Delivery getting monitored.  My blood pressure was acting weird and my sugar was high.  After 3 hours they sent us home telling me I was dehydrated and not eating enough b/c I have Ketones in my urine (which means I'm hungry).  But, I'm SO nauseated ALL the time that I can hardly keep any food down.  This morning I called to get some anti-nausea pills.  I'm so worried about my blood sugar staying normal.  My back constantly hurts, I'm uncomfortable, and I keep throwing up!  And still, I am overjoyed to tears that in less than 6 weeks, our little girl will be in our arms!

No comments: