Friday, January 20, 2012

Dear Adilyn,

We are going to meet you in a few short weeks (or, mommy is hoping they are short and go by WAY too fast)!  I think about you all the time and wonder if you will look like your sister or if you will look more like me or daddy.  I can hardly wait to lay eyes on you.  I know that the moment you are laid on my chest, the world will seem perfect.  Your sister can't wait to meet you either.  She talks to you and about you all the time.  She's a little jealous if we buy something for you (even if it's bottles) and we don't get something for her.  We are working on that.  I told daddy last night that it is going to be so fun when you are old enough to recognize Bailey and laugh at all the funny things she does.  I hope the two of you really love each other!  She is going to be a great sister and I am so thankful that God blessed us with you so that Bailey can have someone to play with!  Your daddy thinks that he might like to have a boy someday (and I might too) but there is nothing sweeter than a daddy who is smitten over his girls and that's how your daddy is!  He can't wait to meet you either!  You have SO many people who already love you so much.  Your Memaw Debbie is just about to go crazy waiting for you to get here.  She wants to buy you things EVERY time she goes to the store, just like she does with your sister.  On Monday we are going to go to the hospital to get another look at you.  I'm really excited to see how much you've grown!  Here are a couple things I hope for you: 1.  PLEASE be a good sleeper!  Your sister did not sleep all night long until she was 2 and a half!  Can you believe that?  2. I know you are going to be a sweet sweet baby and I'm afraid I will never want to put you down!  3. For the next few weeks, could we please lay-off the contractions?  They are really starting to hurt!  I expect that when it's time for you to come, but until then... OUCH! 
Oh Adilyn, we have so many plans for you!  We waited a long time for you and just can't wait until you get here, healthy and happy!

Love,
Mommy

No comments: