Tuesday, January 4, 2011

(UPDATED) Coming up with a title is the hardest part

I just wanted to add that Zach's grandma passed away this afternoon. Please pray for him and our family.
Thank you.

Every time I sit down to write a blog, I know what I want to say but I can never think of a good title. Anyway, that has nothing to do with today's blog.

I'm a little (ok a WAAAAAY WHOLE LOT) irritated about a situation that happened at work this week. A woman who used to be a teacher at our school (for a long time) retired last year because she is very ill. Over the break, her husband passed away very unexpectedly. when I got the phone call I was completely shocked and very upset for this woman. She is very sweet and I am so sorry that this happened to her, especially in her current health situation. Since she taught the same subject I teach, it was very apparent that the school would like as many of us as could, to go to the funeral. I was prepared to go but... On Christmas Eve, my husband's grandmother was put in the hospital. At first we didn't know the severity of how sick she was. As of right now, she is not doing well AT ALL and isn't expected to live through this week. So, yesterday was the day of the funeral for this woman from work's husband. I told the principal that I wasn't going to go because I would need at least 2 of my 3 bereavement days when Zach's grandmother passes away AND, I have already taken Thursday off because it is Bailey's birthday. So, in order to avoid any more days off work, I would just stay at school yesterday and not go to the funeral. Mind you, if I had said 'YES, I'm going to the funeral, the school was completely prepared to find someone to cover my last 2 classes so that I could go.

So, yesterday, I got a phone call from Zach's mom saying that she wanted to meet Hospice at the Hospital around 1 (same time as the funeral that I am now not attending). I told Zach's mom that I would see if I could leave work so that she could go to the hospital. Since Zach's mom is Baileys ONLY babysitter, if she can't watch Bailey then Zach or I have to stay home with her. I know this sounds like a bad situation but it is VERY rare for his mom to not be able to watch her and if Bailey is sick, I stay home with her anyway. So, I asked work if I could leave at 1 so that Zach's mom could go to the hospital and guess what they said "Sorry! We don't have anyone to cover your class."

SERIOUSLY! But if I had said 3 hours previously that I wanted to attend the funeral then it would have been fine and someone would have covered my class. So, instead, I was at work WITH MY PARA. I seriously think that if they would have found my situation to actualy be a situation there would have been someone to cover my class. It's very irritating because I feel like they get to decide what is an emergency and what is not and the whole time, I was trying to do the right thing by avoiding missing more work. Yes, I realize I'm probably a little more angry about this than I should be but I ALWAYS help out, ALWAYS do whatever I am asked and NEVER complain and then I get the shaft!

Anyway, I'm emotional. I start clomid again this afternoon (Should've started yesterday but the doctor's computers were down so they couldn't call in any prescriptions) yes, I know, that makes no sense to me either. A computer is NOT a phone! They could have called the pharmacy. But, I really like my OB so I'm not going to go switching doctors over this. Anyway, hoping for good baby vibes this time. Though, wouldn't it be neat to have a baby on 11/11/11? But that due date doesn't fit with my cycle anyway (yes, I looked). And, I'd have to wait another month to start trying.

Happier post coming soon about Bailey's 3rd birthday and some Christmas pictures.

~Melody

2 comments:

The Anglin Family said...

Oh girl. I'm sorry. Its ok to vent sometimes..
Hopefully this clomid cycle goes well. I'm praying for you. Patience is so hard, I know.
Lots of love and big ((hugs))!!!
Thanks so much for your prayers and sweet words to me and for reading my blog. You're a sweetheart!!

The Anglin Family said...

I'm so sorry! Sending prayers.