Thursday, April 22, 2010

No Apologies...

I know I don't have to apologize for this but since it could possibly offend someone, I will. I am a republican. COMPLETELY RIGHT WINGED! I don't understand why abortion is even an option for anyone, and I don't understand why I "get" to pay for other people's healthcare when my husband and I work hard for our money! I don't understand why insurance companies will NOT pay for birth control but WILL pay for you to have as many children as you can have. I don't understand why I "get" to pay for unwed mothers to continue to produce children and never have to pay a dime for their OB appointments and then also get free food for themselves AND the children after they are born and yet, the insurance company doesn't want to pay FOUR dollars for my clomid when I will NOT be getting ANY free food and will still pay ALL of my co-pays AND my percentage of the hospital bills after my children arrive. That is, if I am able to have more children...

Enough about that. I'm very angry today, and here is why:

Saturday evening, my parents drove into town and took us to dinner. Us being my 2 sisters, Zach, Bailey, and myself. We had a great dinner. Bailey hadn't had a nap so she sweetly fell asleep at the table and when it was time to leave, I picked her up but it woke her and she was pretty fussy. We said our goodbyes and headed out the door. On the way, as I was holding my sleepy child, I slipped on a water spill and down I went. Right there in the middle of the restaurant, dropping my child, everyone staring at us, we were both on the floor. Very shortly, thereafter, a waiter came to start wiping up the mess. My mom, realizing I had not come outside yet, came back in to look for us, saw the boy pick up the paper towels and begin cleaning, and helped me up. The manager was VERY sorry and had me fill out an incident report right there. Bailey was screaming and it was quite a sight! At first, I really thought we were both fine. I do not want to be that person who goes to the doctor (free or not) if I don't have to. However, I really started getting sore on Monday morning. I called THREE times to the claims office at the restaurant to tell them that I (and Bailey who had started complaing of her leg and bottom hurting) needed to see a doctor. THREE calls and the woman wouldn't call me back. Finally, I called and left a message saying that I had made an appointment for both of us and guess what? She called me back within 15 minutes. She said that they are not responsible for my fall because the waitor was already cleaning up the spill when I fell. I politely explained that had he been on his hands and knees at the time of the fall, I would have fallen ON him. She said "yes, that's what I thought too." However, they are not taking responsibility. She told me to have my attorney call her!!!!! So, Z located an attorney and I proceded with my doctor visit. I decided I would call and have Bailey go to my appointment with me so that we could both be seen at the same time. However (and you will NOT believe this) the doctors office said "No, we will not see you." SERIOUSLY!? How can you turn a patient away when any non-working, non-taxpaying citizen can come in and pay nothing? So, now I am tired of this whole process and feel like I should just deal with the pain and go on with my life. I am so irate right now. How could this have happened to me when I did NOTHING wrong. I was NOT threatening to sue or even have a million tests run. I just wanted an x-ray and to have my baby checked out. What's wrong with trying to be a good mother??? I could scream right now!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm so sorry that you have to deal with that!! People are real "A" holes!!! ((HUGS))`

Just Another Mother said...

That sucks! I'm glad you and Bailey are relatively okay and you are not injured worse. I feel your frustration. I think it's good you consulted a lawyer. I hope you can both get checked out soon.