Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Two's Thus Far...

Here are some pictures of Bailey on her actual birthday (Jan. 6). I took off that day and stayed home with her. Then, we had a baby shower for a teacher at work. Bailey went with me and had a LOT of fun! My teacher's aide (paraprofessional) took these next few pictures. I can't believe how big my baby is getting! She looks more like a 4 yr old!




If you want to see the rest of the pictures from her birthday party (which I know you are just dying to see after all, she is the most adorable 2 year old on the planet) you will have to click on my facebook tag at the top of my blog. I don't want to overload you with photos :).
My big girl went potty in the big girl potty last night. In fact, our downstairs closet has a "secret room" at least that's what I call it. It hides under the stairs. Bailey like to play in there because she can take her Kai Lan night light and her princess flashlight in there. Last night she said she needed to potty but I couldn't find her potty seat ANYWHERE. (I found it this morning in the "closet room"). So, I put her on the bathroom toilet for a few minutes and "poof," poop balls! Or so she called them. We had to call both memaw's and tell them. She said "Memaw, I get nem and nems" (her word for M & M's). I said, "Tell memaw why you got them." Bailey said, "Memaw, I put poop balls in the potty!" We made a HUGE deal out of it, and yes, I am NOT above bribery! I gave her M & M's for doing it! I'm very proud of my little girl! She seems to be getting bigger and smarter EVERY day! She can say ANYTHING we say. She also understands quite a bit and can almost spell her name. She LOVES to be read to and her newest favorite thing is "hot shoup." Her favorite cartoon is "Little Bear." Mother bear always makes hot soup for lunch and Bailey has decided that's all she wants to eat as well. So, no matter what I make, I have to tell her it is hot soup, haha.
In other news:
We made our first house payment. YEAH. Basically right now it left us with nothing but I think/hope after a couple more paychecks we can get caught up. I know that my husband doesn't like that I think we are dirt poor (and really I know we are not but I honestly feel that way). I didn't go to college so that I could get a job and work paycheck to paycheck. However, I have a nice home and am very happy with it. Maybe I could go on strike and ask for more money, haha. And since our horrible government likes to screw me at tax time, they are no help either. I really shouldn't let finances consume me, but I do. I worry, that's just who I am. I constantly worry about not having enough money! I hate it but I do! We worked hard to pay things off only for me to feel like we again, are poor.
The other day, my dad called and I guess he knew I had been really down. He said things to me that really made me feel better. He believes that God is going to do great things this year and I only pray that he is right.
One last thing, you HAVE to watch this video! I showed it to my students today. I usually watch AI but last night, I was on the phone with my mom so I only caught the very end but I'm pretty sure it was the best part! Enjoy :)

4 comments:

Ashley said...

She's so adorable;)

Jessica said...

Melody, she looks JUST like you!! So cute!!

Kami said...

She does look like a little girl and not a toddler. She is so darn cute Mel.

Things will look great in 2010. I just know it!

Hugs,
Kami

Yay for poop balls!!!!!!

Just Another Mother said...

She is getting so old! What a cutie. Good job on the potty training. I'm impressed.