Sunday, April 26, 2009

Reminder

I cried when I looked at our backyard...

I wasn't crying tears of sadness because this huge swing set is taking up the backyard...

I wasn't crying tears of happiness because we were finally finished...

I wasn't even crying because it was FREE (though we are EXTREMELY grateful to "grandma Cheryl" for it...

I cried because I was overwhelmed, remembering the time when I thought "my child will never come," "I will never be a mommy," " why can't I get pregnant?" I cried for my friends whose babies haven't come yet... I thought you wonderful girls who I have come to love and cried for you because I remember what it felt like to think... "I won't ever need a swing set."


And now I do!


Sometimes, God gently reminds me just how blessed I am! On my way to church this morning as I was again thinking about our new swing set I said, "Thank you God, for my baby" through my tears of happiness. I'm so thankful for her and the fact that we now need, a swing set.
THANK YOU SO MUCH, "Grandma Cheryl." We love you!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

That's so sweet;)

Penny1215 said...

Aww..that is very sweet. I wish I had a swingset for my kiddos. My kids are 7, 4, and 1 and we don't have nearly enough for them to do outside. We live close to the road and I got hurt chasing my middle one to the road while a car was coming and I've been more or less afraid to take them all outside ever since. I hope with income taxes this year I can put up a fence and hopefully get my kiddos a good swingset. I'm glad your so blessed!!

Super B's Mom said...

This post is so incredibly touching, because I totally understand where you're coming from.

I can remember having one of those moments, several years ago when I crawled in bed one night. As I pulled the covers back, I found Cheerios in the bed and it just brought me to tears. I was just overcome with joy that my dream had come true.

Your daughter is beautiful - God bless your family!