Tuesday, December 6, 2011

In Exactly One Month

Our baby will be 4!  I can hardly believe it.  Every year, I write her a special poem for her birthday and include it with her invitation.  I just finished it today.  I'm SO SO SO SO thankful that I have done this since her 1st birthday.  I hope that she will cherish them for many years.  I wasn't going to put them all here, because I thought I had them all blogged but, I don't.  So... In order from 1-4, here are her poems.  I hope that I can keep this up for baby sister as well. (and I had to re-type 2 of the 4 so there are probably some typos) :)

First Birthday:
For many months we prayed and prayed
And wondered and hoped until she came

The day she was born was the happiest of all

For mommy and daddy, we were in awe



And through the months we’ve laughed and played

And thanked God every SINGLE day

For our blessing from above

We never knew there was such love



And now our baby crawls and grooves

It’s oh so fun to watch her moves

A tiny baby, she is no more

The toddler years we are in for



Our little one is the most precious thing

And happiness she will always bring

So, please join us at her party so fun

For Bailey Grace is turning ONE!!

And the invite:


For birthday's 2-3 we just had regular invites but here are the poems:

2:
In January,
Two-thousand Eight
Our sweet baby girl
Made our lives great!

In January,
Two-Thousand Nine
We wondered
Where had gone the time?

Our baby girl
Was turning one
And we thought it
Was oh so fun!

But time kept going
It did not stop
She learned to walk
And talk, A lot!

She's learned to sing
And learned to dance
There is nothing cuter
Than watching her prance

Time really does fly
When we're having fun
Our sweet little girl
Reminds me of the sun

So bright and sweet
And full of joy
Remind me again
why I wanted a boy?

So here we are,
Two-Thousand Ten
It's time for Bailey's Birthday
AGAIN!

We hope you join us
She'd love to see you!
For Princess Bailey
Is turning 2!

3:
When you were born,
We loved you so
Your giggles and coos
we didn't know

That as you grew
We'd love you even more
Our precious bay girl
The one we adore.

And when you were two
OH MY! We thought
Those cabinet doors,
They got their locks!

At two you learned
That nothing was too tall,
Nothing was to big, and you were NOT too small!

And even then,
We loved you more
As we continued to
All the hallways and floors.

And now that you're three
and we're watching you grow
There is one more thing,
We want you to know!

We feel so blessed
 to be our Father and Mother
Even when,
You are covered, In BUTTER!


And here is year 4 that I completed today:

Being 4


Was it not yesterday I held you,

For the very first time?

And I could hardly believe

You are actually mine.



When mommy and daddy looked at you,

Our lives changed forever.

No one could ever take your place,

Not now, and surely not ever



Turning 4 brings lots of things!

A great big year for you!

This year you’ll become a sister!

And then you’ll start school, too!



And though you’re more than ready,

To start Pre-K this year,

There is one thing you need to know

Clothes, to school, you must wear!



We are oh so proud of you,

And love to watch you grow.

You’re my favorite big girl, Bailey Grace

This, I want you to know!

1 comment:

The Anglin Family said...

;) love the clothes to school part..ha!!
I swear, it seems like you just had her bday party last year!!
I love all your sweet poems!! My oldest turns TEN in February...argh!!