Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Time to potty train?

I know I should have taken a picture of this but, naked baby butt might not be a good thing to plaster on my blog :)... don't want anyone to call DHS on me.

I went down to the hallway to print something in the office this afternoon. Upon my return to the living room I start to smell an AWFUL smell. (I was maybe gone 2 minutes). As I'm walking my mind is racing. What is that smell? Why is it so strong? What has my child done? When I got back I saw...

She had pooped and decided she was NOT going to wait for mommy to get back and change her. She took her diaper off and put it on the floor beside her. I calmly said "Bailey did you poop?" She looked at me and pointed to the diaper and said "poo, see" Yes, honey, I see! So, I had to clean the carpet because she sat on the rug after she took her diaper off. So, the question is...

Is it time to potty train her?

6 comments:

The Pifer's said...

aww haha!!!

Just Another Mother said...

I know NOTHING about this. Sounds like she's a smart girl though. I'd consult a book. . .

Penny1215 said...

Definitely a sign that she is getting ready. Is she staying dry for longer periods of time? During nap time for example? The fact that she is using words for her poop is a good sign also. Start slowly though. Pushing is a sure way for her to fail!! Potty training is quite a long process. For my boys it was anyways. I'm really hoping my little girl will be easier!! Good luck!!

Ashley said...

That's hilarious!! I think it's time;)

Jen Nelson said...

Thank you for NOT taking a picture!! Ewwww!

The things I have to look forward to, right? I can't wait!!

Good luck with potty training!

Pifer Bean Fund said...

Hi Sweetie,
Thank you for your comment on The Pifer Bean Fund Blog--go here to see the raffle rules:

http://piferbeanfund.blogspot.com/2009/05/new-raffle-rules.html

Thank you sweetie,

The Pifer Bean Clan